CONTENT MARKETING: WORDS, IMAGES AND VIDEOS TO INFORM, EDUCATE, ENTERTAIN AND PERSUADE
"Content marketing", two words guaranteed to elicit a wide range of responses from local business owners, ranging from fear and apprehension to curiosity and inspiration.
And the buzz about content marketing shows no sign of diminishing.
It seems to have developed a super sexy almost magical reputation as an all powerful "secret sauce" that when added to your online marketing efforts will propel you to fame and glory.
But the funny thing is:
A lot of businesses are still not sure exactly what it is!
So let's try and de-mystify it so we can move on:
Content marketing can be defined as the production of articles, ebooks, images, infographics and videos, all published for the benefit of your target audience - the goal being to connect with prospective customers and ultimately to boost your sales and encourage visitors to return to your site again and again.
You will usually publish your content online, on your website, on social media or as downloads available from your website.
"So what's all the fuss about" you may be thinking.
And the answer to that is simple:
CONTENT MARKETING IS WIDELY ACKNOWLEDGED AS BEING THE MOST EFFECTIVE MEANS OF GETTING PEOPLE TO KNOW, LIKE AND TRUST YOUR BUSINESS
And most businesses understand that when people know, like and trust you, they feel more inclined to become your customers.
LOCAL BUSINESS CONTENT MARKETING IS NOT JUST ABOUT GETTING TRAFFIC TO YOUR WEBSITE
It's true that when carefully integrating target keywords and LSI keywords into your content the search engines will find you.
And it's true that carefully crafted attention grabbing headlines will encourage people to click on your content when they see it on the search engine results pages.
But what about after your visitor has landed on your site ?
What then ?
- Visitors land on your site, conclude you you are an idiot and dissapear forever?
- Your content does not address the hopes and fears of your prospective customers?
- Your content is poorly written and presented?
- You use stock images as opposed to genuine photographs?
- Your content is not designed to guide your visitors toward your desired outcome?
- Your visitors can not see a clear reason why they should call you rather than one of your competitors?
- You don't provide the right kind of content to build trust and create rapport?
These are a few of the multitude of reasons why most businesses fail miserably with their content marketing efforts.
But when used properly there are also multiple ways content marketing can enable you to increase site traffic, engage and inform visitors and help convert visitors into customers.
GET THE BASICS RIGHT!
Ask yourself the following question:
Imagine that a stranger walks up to you in the street and offers to sell you something for what appears to be a bargain price.
What are the questions that run through your mind?
The questions you ask yourself are your "buying criteria" for that specific purchasing decision.
And unless you can resolve those questions satisfactorily you will probably not buy anything from the stranger, no matter how great the offer appears to be.
And its exactly the same when a prospective customer lands on your website.
They have a set of internal buying criteria questions and they are looking for answers.
You can satisfy a lot of the buying criteria immediately with content that addresses those specific questions.
Other criteria, especially for more significant purchasing decisions, can take a little longer to satisfy.
SO EXACTLY WHAT CONTENT SHOULD A LOCAL BUSINESS PUBLISH?
And the answer to that question is:
It's different for every type of local business depending on the expectations of your target market.
But when you get it right your content will:
- Get you found by the search engines.
- Attract prospective customers to your site.
- Create trust and rapport.
- Answer common questions before your visitors need to ask.
- Provide exactly the right information to tick most of the boxes on your visitors list of buying criteria.
- Connect with your prospective customers at every point in their buying journey
- Convert site visitors into your customers.
Is your content marketing strategy working?
And that is a very simple question to answer, simply ask yourself:
After landing on your site and reading your content how many visitors take the next step by:
- Calling you?
- Requesting a quote?
- Giving you their email address?
- Purchasing something?
- Requesting a call back?
Because that is the purpose of everything you are doing online?
You dont want visitors.
You want customers!
At BubbleLocal we have a transparent no nonsense approach to strategic content marketing for local businesses:
- Research your target market to understand their most profitable keyword searches and their most important buying criteria.
- Ensure that the content on your site is found by the search engines and presented to your potential customers when they search for your product or service.
- Publish your content on other relevant sites to gain important back links.
- Publish your content on your social media channels.
- Carefully design your site content to inform, entertain and educate.
- Design your content to build trust and create rapport with your visitors whilst providing all of the information they require to feel confident about becoming your customer.
- Analyse and track your visitors interactions with your content and re-design as necessary to maximise your conversions.
- Provide you with monthly reports which illustrate exactly what's working and what isn't.
If your looking to move up with SEO and digital marketing - and grow your local business -let's talk.
As a small specialised SEO and web marketing agency, we can't work with every business.
We can only work with you if you are a small to medium size local business looking to move up in the rankings and increase your sales.
For most types of business, we can work with you if we do not already have another client in the same geographical area competing for the same target market. Although we would love to work with every business, we avoid conflicts of interest.
Can you work with us ?
Our local business online marketing program is designed to help you grow your business, boost your rankings and skyrocket your sales.
If you are a good match for one of the following descriptions let's get together and talk about how we can help you to get real measurable results:
Sounds like you ? Lets talk.